Theodore Gerard was and engraver and painter of genre scenes. He traveled throughout Germany, Austria and Hungary, but settled in Brussels in 1863. He taught painting at the Academy of Fine Arts in Brussels. He was awarded medals at exhibition in Philadelphia (1870), London (1871), Vienna (1873) and Brussels (1875).
Collections include “Village Fair in the Souabe” at the Brussels Museum, “Here’s to the Pastor’s Health” at the Ghent Museum, “Artist and Study in the Country” at the Courtrai Museum and “Guests at the Ball” at the Antwerp Museum.